Unlike many service jobs, we are interested in helping people with certain passions and talents take their first step toward their dreams while offering competitive pay in doing so.
There are two types of positions we want to fill. The first are people who are starting their careers in the entertainment arts or culinary arts. The second are performers who are establishing themselves and are looking for a venue to grow. See the positions below for details.
Drama and Circus Arts Students and Fledgling Magicians, and Jugglers!
Come join our show! Part Time Gelato Scoopers and Performers!
Sideshow Gelato, a new and unusual shop, is opening up in Lincoln Square in March.
We are looking for part time gelato scoopers who are looking for a stepping stone opportunity to perform, get stage time, and make money while doing it.
What we are looking for:
· Scoopers to scoop and sell unusual gelato, make fountain creations, coffee drinks all while interacting and entertaining the customer.
· Fledgling magicians, jugglers, acrobats and drama students who are interested in developing and honing their act and their skills on our stage.
· People with friendly, positive attitudes who can be entertain and fulfil their duties.
What we provide:
· Competitive pay, tips and bonus pay for on and off site special events.
· A seasoned professional mentor who will work with you on your skills, patter and act.
· Stage time for your CV in a safe environment where you will be paid for performing.
· The opportunity to work with well known names in the entertainment business.
· Access to a fund to help you purchase props, costumes and materials for your act.
Again, this is a part time position (about 25 to 30 hrs a week) and is a great first job. Our flexibility is also great for a high school or college student or even someone looking for a day gig to round out their own performing schedule.
If this is your first job and don't have a resume or experience, please upload a letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations to the best of our ability for the right candidates.
SIDESHOW GELATO is looking for a Gelato Sous & Shop Manager
Sideshow Gelato is the first sideshow and carnival themed artisan gelato shop. It features a performance stage and a dime museum as well as a space for parties, gatherings and special presentations.
This position is tailored for a culinary professional with training or experience in pastry that is looking for a great opportunity.
You will train with a gelato chef and learn the proper Italian way to create gelato, run batches of flavors and aid in the creation and development of new and unusual gelato.
You will also be required to occasionally open and close the shop, do light bookkeeping, budgeting and inventory as well as aid behind the counter during busy pushes.
What we are looking for:
· A recent culinary school graduate in pastry or equivalent experience
· A person with an eye for detail, quality and cleanliness
· Promptness and professionalism
· Good with customers and the ability to manage others with respect
· The desire to be creative and take advantage of the opportunity to do so.
· Decent with math, measurements and counting
· Trustworthy and responsible person
· Must be able to lift or move 50lbs
The position will be either high hourly or salaried for the right candidate and can be negotiated.
Benefits and perks will be discussed at interview.
We are offering the opportunity to grow with our business and to share and benefit financially from helping us become a success.
Bonus point if:
· You are also a performer, juggler, acrobat or magician
· You have your manager’s sanitation certificate
· You have experience with artisan gelato or ice cream
We are an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations to the best of our ability for the correct candidate.
We are also looking for newly established and working professionals who would like to work with us for special engagements, parties, rentals, off-site events. If you are interested please reach out to us and we will get in touch to discuss our contact structures for various events.
To do so please email us directly.
4819 North Western Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625, United States