Unlike many service jobs, we are interested in helping people with certain passions and talents take their first step toward their dreams while offering competitive pay in doing so.
There are two types of positions we want to fill. The first are people who are starting their careers in the entertainment arts or culinary arts. The second are performers who are establishing themselves and are looking for a venue to grow. See the positions below for details.
Drama and Circus Arts Students and Fledgling Magicians, and Jugglers!
Come join our show! Part Time Gelato Scoopers and Performers!
Sideshow Gelato, a new and unusual shop, is opening up in Lincoln Square in March.
We are looking for part time gelato scoopers who are looking for a stepping stone opportunity to perform, get stage time, and make money while doing it.
What we are looking for:
· Scoopers to scoop and sell unusual gelato, make fountain creations, coffee drinks all while interacting and entertaining the customer.
· Fledgling magicians, jugglers, acrobats and drama students who are interested in developing and honing their act and their skills on our stage.
· People with friendly, positive attitudes who can be entertain and fulfil their duties.
What we provide:
· Competitive pay, tips and bonus pay for on and off site special events.
· A seasoned professional mentor who will work with you on your skills, patter and act.
· Stage time for your CV in a safe environment where you will be paid for performing.
· The opportunity to work with well known names in the entertainment business.
· Access to a fund to help you purchase props, costumes and materials for your act.
Again, this is a part time position (about 25 to 30 hrs a week) and is a great first job. Our flexibility is also great for a high school or college student or even someone looking for a day gig to round out their own performing schedule.
If this is your first job and don't have a resume or experience, please upload a letter of recommendation from a teacher or mentor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will make accommodations to the best of our ability for the right candidates.
We are also looking for newly established and working professionals who would like to work with us for special engagements, parties, rentals, off-site events. If you are interested please reach out to us and we will get in touch to discuss our contact structures for various events.
To do so please email us directly.
4819 North Western Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60625, United States